Gluten Intolerance and GMO Wheat Link

Maybe it's not just the Gluten? Some people who don't  have full blown Celiac Disease but have some of the same symptoms, especially GI issues, should still avoid food products containing wheat. Here is why. In my humble opinion of course.😁

This is a quote from a fellow sufferer and I agree wholeheartedly. I have added links to relevant information that relate to this subject throughout the text.

"There’s something else that may explain gut inflammation associated with wheat products that I just don’t hear anyone discussing. Roundup (glyphosate) is a pesticide that’s been proven to be a neurotoxin and it’s used twice on each crop of subsidized wheat in the U.S. It’s used on many crops but wheat is the one that it’s used on the most. 

They use it before planting to kill anything that’s alive in the soil that might compete with the crop. Then they use it again just prior to harvesting as a desiccant so the equipment doesn’t get gummy. At no point is the pesticide removed from the plant, as if that’s even possible. 




Roundup should be banned. Monsanto has seeds that are genetically modified. They’re to be used together and, from what I understand, it’s mandated if farmers are going to use their seeds they must use Roundup too. This is what’s happening in here. I don't know about other countries but I’d surprised if it’s not this way everywhere in Europe too.

I wish I had the study I read a couple of years ago that showed the effects of ingesting Roundup are the same as what people reporting gluten intolerance are experiencing. Look, Monsanto is a massive corporation and it’s highly likely they perpetuated this disinformation. 




If I’m wrong about this I’ve yet to be proven so. I’d love it if someone would do that for me but so far, nobody has. I’d like to see a study done on the effects of organic wheat vs American subsidized wheat that has Roundup used on it in people with supposed GI. Where is it? Why isn’t this being done?"

I went in search of any studies done on this subject, and here is just a sample of what I found.

Health Problems Linked to Glyphosate

Cancer May Be Linked to Products Containing Glyphosate

Other Health Issues Linked to Glyphosate

Roundup's Toxicity

What is Glyphosate Anyway?