Snack Mix - Gluten Free and NON GMO

For my Gluten Free Party Snack Mix I choose organic Gluten Free products from Amazon or from my local grocery store if I can find them.

I love Amazon for stocking up on hard to find products.

Here is my special Gluten Free Trail Mix

One package organic sun dried raisins
One package organic raw almonds
One package organic raw sunflower seeds
One package organic pitted dates, (chopped small)
One package organic raw pumpkin seeds
One package GF Chex cereal , I add this if I am going to feed a lot of people, (leave out if you don't want the extra empty carbs)

Mix altogether in a large bowl. I like to spray a little coconut oil in with the mix then add a little coarse sea salt seasoning



Link to many more GF snack recipes



I found an Article on "Celiac.com" about a new snack bar being made by Nestle called "YES"!
Find the article here

It has been suggested that I include a list of Gluten Free Grains in my blog. While this may not be a complete list, these are the ones I use most of the time.
  • Amaranth Flour - I have not used this one yet, but I thought I better include it in this list.
  • Almond Flour - I like this for a desert flour as well as the Rice Flours.
  • Brown Rice Flour - this is a good filler flour, I use this (and sometimes white) in my Gluten   Free Flour Mix as the base flour for baking bread.
  • Buckwheat Flour - I like this one because it has fibre and texture. It can be a little bitter though so I frequently mix it with others. I especially like this in pancakes and waffles. I also add it to any bread recipe for texture. There are lots of Gluten Free Flour Mixtures out there that you can buy, but I still mix my own up and store it for any baking that I do at home.
  • Chickpea Flour - this one is also a little bitter for my taste, could be used for dumplings in stew, only tried it once, was not impressed
  • Coconut Flour - this one is especially good to use in any desert type of baking, such as squares, bars, cakes, etc.
  • Corn Flour and Corn Starch - I do not use this one because of the GMO issue - Most corn grown is GMO as well as full of pesticides. (I do use corn starch for babies diaper rash though so I always have it around. For this, you can't use potato starch, just not the same.)
  • Flax Seed - This I use a lot. I buy the ground Organic Golden Flax Seed and put it in all my baking for extra nutrients and fibre
  • Millet Flour - Haven't tried yet
  • Potato Flour and Potato Starch - I use this one a lot for thickening, takes the place of wheat flour or corn starch in gravy.
  • Sorghum Flour - I have this around in case a recipe calls for it, this one is used in the making of my favourite Gluten Free Beer.

Anyway, this is my list of the Gluten Free Grains I use in my own kitchen. Like I said, it is not complete, but if you stock up on these and use them in this ratio for my homemade flour blend recipe, you should make out okay.
  • 4 cups of Brown Rice Flour (or white if you prefer)
  • 1 cup of Buckwheat Flour
  • 1 cup of Almond Flour
  • 1 cup of ground Golden Flax Seed
This is the main mix I use for baking my own GF bread. If you want to use it for deserts, add 1 cup of coconut flour as well. Use this to replace any wheat flour in any recipe in a one to one ratio. If you can stick to Organic non GMO products. I just think they are healthier.

Here's a link to Amazon's Gluten Free Organic Flours section